To deliver the programme and ensure its success Islington Giving partnered with Fully Focused Community Trust and Youth Bank International. Each partner brought strengths and expertise in different areas:
The Young Grant-Makers:
- Met weekly every Tuesday evening 6-8pm from 1st May to 4th December
- Were paid the London Living Wage for their time each week as well as expenses
- Led a whole grant-making cycle from shaping a call, to assessing applications, to making final funding decisions
- Received training, guidance and support from the Programme Leader and other partner staff
- Had fun and food at every session
The Young Grant-Makers chose to fund 7 projects of different types and scale that best responded to their call for proposals to strengthen the community in Islington and provide more activities for young people enabling them to learn new skills and meet new people.